Upcoming Public Hearing on Fiscal Year 2017 Budget
May 10, 2016
A public hearing on the proposed Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Operating Budget, rates, charges, and policies will be held on Monday, June 6, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at the MPW Operations Center, 1619 Rifle Range Road.
MPW Commissioners are considering the following with the budget(s):
• No change in Basic Facility Charges Per Residential Equivalent Unit (REU)
• Volumetric Rate Increase of up to 7%, which would result in a total average bill increase of 4.70% (based on 5,000 gallons)
• Change in Impact Fees:
o Water Impact Fee from $2,070.00 to $2,142.00 per REU
o Wastewater Impact Fee from $4,658.00 to $4,821.00 per REU
• Adjustments to Ancillary Fees - Fiscal Year 2017 Rates, Charges, Fees
These changes are scheduled to take affect with all bills after June 30, 2016.
Proposed budgets are as follows:
The following projects are being submitted for funding through the State Revolving Clean Water Fund:
• Forecemain Upgrade from PS 119 (Park West) $10,000,000
• Coleman Boulevard Line Relocations $6,000,000
• Fixed Base Meter Reading System $15,000,000
• Conversion/Rehabilitation of 6 Pump Stations $4,000,000
• Rifle Range Road Wastewater Treatment Plant
Rehabilitation/Expansion Phase I $45,000,000
• Collection System Extension to Eliminate Septic Tanks $1,000,000
• Forcemain Evaluation/Improvements Hwy 41 Area $3,000,000
The Commission’s Annual Meeting to adopt the proposed FY2017 Budget will be Monday, June 27, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at the Operations Center, 1619 Rifle Range Road. The public is invited to attend.
Mount Pleasant Waterworks does NOT use ad valorem property tax.