Service Line Care Program Terms & Conditions
Mount Pleasant Waterworks offers water and wastewater service line maintenance to its Single-Family residential customers through MOUNT PLEASANT WATERWORKS' SERVICE LINE CARE PROGRAM. Prior to enrollment in this Program the Customer has been solely responsible for the cost of repair and replacement associated with the water and wastewater lines running from the water meter or clean out at the public right of way or within MPW's utility easement to the exterior perimeter of the Customer's residence. Mount Pleasant Waterworks' Service Line Care Program will offer coverage for water and wastewater service lines. The coverage will not include irrigation system service lines or backflow prevention devices.
By enrolling in this Program, the Customer affirmatively represents that he/she is the homeowner of the said property and that he/she has read the terms and conditions of the Mount Pleasant Waterworks' Service Line Care Program and understands the contents hereof and has voluntarily executed this document.
1. Customers enrolling in the Service Line Care Program understand that acceptance into this program will be determined by MPW within 30 days of agreement (signature or electronic) to Terms and Conditions and that during this 30 day period, inspection of the service line(s) may be conducted to determine eligibility. Eligibility - Customers whose service lines do not meet MPW minimum standards are not eligible for the program.
2. Customers will not be eligible for repairs or replacement until 30 days following their agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
3. MPW reserves the right to reject coverage of the Property for any reason.
Fees and Costs
1. The customer acknowledges that he/she has been advised of the current fees for services and understands that MPW reserves the right to adjust the Cost of Service through MPW's regular means of public notice and Commissioner approval.
Service Line Care Scope of Service
1. MPW assumes responsibility for repair and replacement associated with the water and wastewater service lines at the Customer's residence extending from the existing MPW utility system (within the road right-of-way or existing utility easement) up to one foot from the point where the line enters the exterior foundation of the Customer's residence up to a cost of $7,500 within a 12 month period. This coverage includes site restoration of the area of service being restored by MPW to the condition of the area prior to any work under this Program having been provided, including repair or restoration of walkways, driveways, shrubbery or other landscaping features disturbed in the course of service.
1. The Customer understands and agrees that all repair or replacement inside or under the structure of the residence, under any outside structure or running to outside buildings remains the responsibility of the Customer. Vegetation Removal: MPW reserves the right to cut, trim or remove vegetation whose root system directly impacts the proper functioning of or access to the water or wastewater service lines.
Access to Property
1. The Customer understands that access to the Property is essential and hereby agrees not to prohibit or in any way restrict MPW employees or their agents from access to the Property to perform inspections or services pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
2. Failure to allow access to MPW employees or their agents shall relieve MPW from any obligation under this Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
1. MPW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES INCURRED BY A CUSTOMER AS A RESULT OF ANY ACT, ERROR, OR OMISSION OF MPW ACTING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
2. MPW'S SOLE LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE WATER AND/OR WASTEWATER SERVICE LINE AND THE COST OF THE LABOR AND MATERIALS FOR SUCH REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AND SITE RESTORATION FOR ALL CUSTOMERS ENROLLED IN THE SERVICE LINE CARE PROGRAM.
3. MPW is not responsible for any damage to the inside of the residence or building resulting from a backup of any wastewater lines which occurred on the Customer's responsible portion of the line or resulting therefrom to the Customer's property caused by the acts, errors or omissions of the Customer or a third-party, or any natural disaster. Repairs to service lines covered under the Program after being damaged by the customers and/or third party will be made for an additional fee.
1. The customer may withdraw from the Program at any time by notifying MPW with the exception of those customers enrolling in the Program after emergency repairs are made. Customers receiving emergency repairs are required to remain enrolled in the Program for a minimum of 24 months.
2. Non-payment by the Customer of the Cost of Service provides MPW with the right to terminate this Agreement immediately and relieves MPW from any obligation under this Agreement. The Customer understands and agrees that failure to pay the Cost of Service described herein shall release MPW from any obligation under this Agreement and that MPW will automatically remove any customers, without any prior notice, who fail to pay the Cost of Service described after two months of non-payment.
3. MPW reserves the right to terminate this program at any time with thirty (30) days written notice to the Customer. During the thirty (30) day notice period, the obligations set forth under this agreement for both parties shall remain in full force and effect.
1. The Customer hereby authorizes MPW to bill the prescribed Cost of Service set forth herein by adding this charge to the Customer's regular monthly bill.
2. Customers receiving Emergency Repairs authorize MPW to charge the agreed upon amount to their next monthly bill.