Fats, Oils, & Grease Program
Wastewater discharge containing high concentrations of fats, oils, and grease (FOG) from food service and automotive facilities are the main cause of blockages and overflows in the wastewater collection system.
To address this issue, Mount Pleasant Waterworks (MPW) has developed a FOG Management Program. The objectives of this program are:
- Eliminate wastewater system overflows
- Reduce the amount of oil and grease discharged to the wastewater collection system
- Reduce maintenance costs for the wastewater collection system related to FOG
- Improve operations of the wastewater collection system
- Recover equitable costs for excessive loading of high strength wastewater (e.g. wastewater high in COD)
NEW ONLINE FOG MANAGEMENT PORTAL
Mount Pleasant Waterworks has partnered with iBackflow.com in transitioning to a new, web based FOG (Fats, Oils, Grease) management program.
This system allow customers to easily apply for new FOG device permits, renew FOG permits online, pay all associated program fees and completely manage their FOG account online.
The system also allows FOG hauling contractors to perform manifest reporting and annual inspections by entering data into an easy to use web application, instantly transmitting results into the database of the FOG management program.
Click on one of the links below based on your current status to get started: